cinnamon spread banana dog
prep time - 5 minutes, 1 serving
Introducing the Cinnamon Spread Banana Dog. Inspired by the Peanut Butter banana dog or sandwich. The original peanut butter and banana sandwich was a favourite of Elvis Presley however he preferred the sandwich on bread with the inclusion of bacon. The Cinnamon Spread banana dog is a twist on a classic, easy-to-make treat that's sure to either confuse or dazzle anyone who tries it.
What you'll need!
- 1 perfectly yellow banana
- 1 large hotdog bun, ideal for smokies or sausages (the bigger the better)
- ~ 4 tablespoons of Homestyle Cinnamon Spread
- (optional) Chocolate chips, caramel chips, sprinkles
- Open up your hot dog bun
- (optional) Place hotdog bun in a toaster oven for three minutes, just long enough to make it a golden brown colour.
- Spread your Homestyle Cinnamon Spread on both sides of the hotdog bun
- Peel your banana
- Place banana in the hotdog bun
- (optional) Add chocolate and/or caramel chips as well as sprinkles to your sandwich
more serving ideas
- Cut hotdog bun into quarters and serve to guests as appetizers